Student Registration » Enrollment Procedures

Enrollment Procedures

New student registration

Parents or guardians of new students who were not enrolled at Waimea Elementary School in the last school year can register in the following ways:

Mail-in/Drop-off: Enrollment forms and required documents can be mailed or dropped in mail slot at the office. 


Online registration:  For online registration you will be required to upload the completed enrollment form and supporting documents (any format accepted, such as PDF, photo, jpeg).

You will be required to submit additional health forms such as TB clearance and student health records.

All students enrolling in a public school in Hawaii for the first time are required to present the following documents and forms when registering.   

Student birth certificate: If the student is from a foreign country, the student’s passport or student visa is acceptable. 

  • Valid photo ID of parent/guardian (e.g. driver's license, passport, state ID)

  • Proof of residency: Documentation must contain the parent or legal guardian name and physical address
    • Preferred documentation to establish proof of residence includes the following (at least one required for online registration, however a school may request additional documentation):
    • Rental/lease agreement, mortgage document, or utility bill in the parent/guardian's name. 

  • If the parent or legal guardian cannot provide documentation of legal residence because the parent/legal guardian is living with a relative/friend, a notarized statement by the relative/friend can be accepted by the school with the following stipulation: (a) Notarized statement must state that the parent/legal guardian and child are living with the relative/friend; (b) Notarized statement must state the name of relative/friend that is on the relative/friend’s proof of legal residence; (c) Notarized statement must state the same address of relative/friend that is on the relative/friend’s proof of legal residence; (d) A copy of the relative/friend’s proof of legal residence must be attached to the notarized statement; and (e) Notarized statement must be signed by same name of relative/friend that is on the relative/friend’s proof of legal residence.

Student health and immunization requirements

All children attending school in Hawaii must have a signed and completed Student’s Health Record to document the following:

    • Tuberculosis (TB) clearance: 
    • Physical Examination: Must be completed within one year before:
      • First date of attendance at a preschool or school in Hawai‘i
    • Immunizations: Required immunizations depend on the age and/or grade of the student. 
    • Medications: If your child requires emergency rescue medications or other daily/routine prescribed medications, please fill out Emergency Meds Form and take it to the school. 

Other documents, if applicable: 

  • Legal documents: 

    • Power of Attorney if the child is not living with the parents. 

    • Temporary Restraining Order.

    • Guardianship documents.

    • Legal name change.

    • Court orders.​

Students must attend the school that serves the geographic area where they reside, unless they have an approved geographic exception form. If you would like for your child to attend Waimea Elementary School, please submit paperwork to your home school.

Students transferring schools or withdrawing from school must contact their current school for guidance. 

For assistance in using online registration, parents and guardians may contact the Hawaii State Department of Education Online Registration Help Line at (808) 564-6070.