The Stop Flu at School program, offering free flu vaccinations in school to students in kindergarten through the 8th grade, will begin with a full clinic schedule in January 2017. A very limited number of small clinics will be held in November and December of 2016. This program is provided by the Hawaii State Department of Health in partnership with the Department of Education, the Hawaii Association of Independent Schools, and the Hawaii Catholic Schools.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has recommended that the nasal spray flu vaccine should not be used during the 2016-2017 flu season due to data showing lower effectiveness of this vaccine. Therefore, only the flu shot will be offered through the Stop Flu at School program.
If you would like your child to receive a free flu shot at school:
- Select your school from the dropdown list (below).
- Enter your school’s registration code. The registration code must match the school or the system will not allow you to continue. Click here for the list of registration codes. **Please note that the registration codes are case-sensitive.
- Read the Vaccine Information Statement for Influenza (Flu) Vaccine (Inactivated or Recombinant) and the Hawaii Immunization Registry Information.
- Complete the Student Influenza Vaccination Consent Form.
- Sign and date the form electronically.You will be asked to provide an email address so that a confirmation can be sent to you after you sign the form electronically.
- Print the form.
- Return the completed Consent Form to your child’s teacher by Friday, December 16, 2016. A very limited number of small schools will have clinics earlier in the season. A different consent form due date will be issued for those schools.
Do not return a completed consent form if you do not want your child to be vaccinated at school.
There will be only one clinic per school. If your child needs a 2nd dose of flu vaccine (children aged 8 years and younger, who are receiving the flu vaccine for the first time), please schedule an appointment with your child’s doctor for the 2nd dose.
If you submit a consent form to the school and your child receives a flu vaccine at his/her doctor’s office before the scheduled school vaccination clinic, you must pick up your child’s consent form at the school before the scheduled clinic date to be sure that your child is not vaccinated again.
If you have any questions regarding the Stop Flu at School program, please call 2-1-1, Monday through Friday, 7:00a.m. - 5:00p.m.
If there are any problems encountered while completing the online consent form, please call (808) 586-8300 (Oahu), 1-800-933-4832 (Neighbor islands), Monday - Friday (excluding State Holidays) between 7:45 A.M. - 4:30 P.M. or email firstname.lastname@example.org.